Monday, April 10, 2017

Adventures in Sleepwalking

Last night, around 10pm, the door to our bedroom opened up and in the door frame stood a very cranky looking Julia.

ME: What's up, honey?
JULIA: I can't play with my American Girl dolls EVER AGAIN!
ME: What?  Why not?
JULIA: Because I can't find my EASTER BASKET.
ME: What Easter basket?
JULIA: My American Girl Easter basket.
ME: You mean an American Girl thing you got last Easter?
JULIA: No, my American Girl EASTER BASKET.
ME: What American Girl Easter basket?  Do you have an American Girl Easter basket?
JULIA: I *made* one.
ME: You did?  When did you make it?  Today?
JULIA: A long TIME ago.
ME: Okay.  Well, don't worry about that right now, just get back to bed.
JULIA: But I can't FIND it and I've been looking EVERYWHERE!
ME: When were you looking for it?
JULIA: Like, five minutes ago!
ME: Honey, you've been asleep for hours.
JULIA: (confused)
ETHAN: She's sleep-walking.
JULIA: (indignant) No, I'm NOT!
ME: Honey, let's get you back to bed.  (walking her back into her room, wherein she got into bed and immediately fell asleep.)


This morning, I recounted the incident to Julia.

ME: Do you remember coming into my bedroom to tell me you couldn't find your American Girl Easter basket?
JULIA: Yes...well, I remember that I was in your room.  I don't remember looking for an Easter basket.
ME: Do you even really have an American Girl Easter basket?
JULIA: (giggling) No!!


That must have been some dream she had before sleepwalking into our bedroom.  She was adamant about that non-existent Easter basket that she didn't really make.

No comments:

Post a Comment