Saturday, April 1, 2017

Important Interruptions

An incomplete list of the urgent things the kids have needed to ask, tell, or show Ethan and I while we were otherwise engaged:

MADELEINE: Mommy?  I had a nightmare, and it started off as a Power Puff Girls episode, then it turned into a Mr. Peabody and Sherman episode, and it ended with this really really heavy pig that was on TOP of me.  (silent contemplation) That was the nightmare part.

JULIA: Mommy!  Can you brush my hair?

JULIA: Mommy!  You didn't brush it enough!  It's still tangled!

JULIA: I *can't* do a ponytail!  It's coming out LUMPY!  I'll NEVER be good at anything in my life!

MADELEINE: Mommy!  Is Gory a name??

JULIA: Daddy!  Come see how high I can raise one eyebrow!

MADELEINE: Mommy?  What should I do?

JULIA: Mommy?  What should I do?

MADELEINE: Mommy?  I want to do a gymnastics class where I *teach* people how to do gymnastics.

MADELEINE: Mommy?  Where should I do my gymnastics class?  At HOME, or at school?

JULIA: Mommy!  On the microwave, where it says "clock," I thought it meant a kind of FOOD called "clock," so I was like, "What's a clock??"

MADELEINE: Mommy!  Look! (pointing helplessly to a smear of toothpaste on her finger as she was getting ready to brush her teeth)

JULIA: Mommy!  Look!  (running out of the bathroom after brushing her teeth and pointing to a lock of her hair) A Susan boing-boing curl!

MADELEINE: (from behind her closed bedroom door) Mommy, oh Mommy!  I need to SHOW you something! (holding open "The Cursed Child" to show me that she had reached Part 4, beaming proudly)

MADELEINE: (from behind her closed bedroom door) Mommy!  I need to TELL you something!  (pointing to "The Cursed Child" and beaming proudly) I read the word "apprehensively!"

MADELEINE: (from behind her closed bedroom door) Mommy??  (pointing to "The Cursed Child") What's a "REEKIE" train??


It's kind of no wonder that I feel like I never get anything done throughout the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment