Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Madeleine's Dream World

Madeleine's dream life:

MADELEINE: You know what I wish?  I wish I could have this mansion where, like, me and my FRIENDS all live-
ME: What about me?
MADELEINE: Well, of COURSE my family could come over to visit, and like, me and my friends could, like, do ALL the things we wanna do and not have to, like follow the RULES.  And we would have pizza for dinner at night, and MEATBALLS, like, pasta with meatballs and pasta with meat sauce, and Daddy would serve it to me and my friends in this, like GOOFY way, like goofing around the whole time.


Wait.  I'm only invited to visit but Ethan is the resident chef?  What, because he's goofy, he gets an in?!?


Today Madeleine modified her view on family as visitors.

MADELEINE: Well, my family can live there too, like...everyone I love can live there, and all my friends.  So Mommy?  It's basically like a HOTEL with no other visitors.  And in the morning we'll have PANCAKES because pancakes are AWESOME.


So, let me get this straight.  What Madeleine basically wants is her own permanent version of Spring Break, college style.  No rules!  Jam-packed with friends!  Adult figures are goofy, not strict!  The kind of food you can get at an all-night pizzaria!  PANCAAAAAKES.

I'm kind of scared for what happens when Madeleine goes off to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment