Friday, April 21, 2017

Gallop and Balance Beam Time

Julia's habit of galloping through the living room and hallway while thinking of the imaginary family she made up continues, and during a school vacation week I get to see a LOT of galloping.  You may be wondering what's up in the world of the Mintz family these days, and I'll tell you: they are also on school vacation.

Furthermore, I found out an interesting fact about a friend of a friend of the Mintz.  Julia just opted to share this little tidbit in the midst of galloping yesterday:

JULIA: Mommy?  The Mintzes friends have a friend whose last name is Poophead.

Seriously?  Poophead?  Like, with ALL the time Julia pores into thinking up all the little details about the Mintz family and their associates, she couldn't come up with a better last name than Poophead?!?  I told her that I just can't suspend my disbelief on this one.  But she holds fast to the character of Daniel Poophead, who is a friend of Dylan O'Sacramentio, who is a friend of the classic Lilly Mintz.

ME: But why is his last name Poophead?
JULIA: I dunno.  I don't really think about him THAT much.  I just made him up because Dylan needed best friends.  So he made the "D" club, with Daniel, Declan, and Derek.

So she went to the trouble to come up with the idea of the "D" club and imagine the names of the other "D" members, but she still couldn't concoct a MORE REALISTIC LAST NAME THAN POOPHEAD?!?!?


While Julia is busy taking up the upstairs hallway and living room with her Gallop Time, Madeleine has taken over the downstairs play room and hallway with her gymnastics.  Specifically, her balance beam.  But you don't have a balance beam, you might be thinking.  OH, YES, WE DO.

Take a look at this masterpiece of painter's tape:



Madeleine literally spends the majority of the day on this thing when there's no school.  It's all about her balance beam routine and her cartwheels on the balance beam.  In fact, she ain't got no time for love and hugs when she's working on her routine.

MADELEINE: And now it's time for a routine by Madeleine!
AUNTIE SHANNON: (walking into the play room) And now it's time for an Auntie hug! (giving Madeleine a hug.)  I love you!
MADELEINE: Uh, I love you too, but that's not part of it.  (getting back to her routine.)


I guess I don't have to worry about my kids not being active enough over school vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment