Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Persephony

Madeleine's new book is not at all influenced by American Girl's "McKenna Shoots for the Stars"



Persephony: An Amarican Girl*
by Madeleine Emilia Rowe

(Amarican by way of Greece, from the sound of it)



1. Dancing

"I was giving a hula lesson to Ida and her sister Penny.  Penny did a weird dance, landed on the sand, and asked, 'Your a big hero riht?'  Big hero!  We need a rewind.



Rewinding.......

(Rewinding is apparently Madeleine's version of "flashback")


"...........done!  'Aaahhh!' I screamed.  My foot had banged so hard on the ground I could hardley balence.  Coach Elita and my best friend Omrita came rushing tords me.  'Are you O.K.?' they asked.  'It just hurts so much.'  I was nearley in tears riht then.  'Waht happend?' Coach asked.  'Well, I was dismounting off, and my foot banged realy hard on the ground.  Oh it just hurts so much!'



"We have to get you to the hospital!' Omrita cried.  Moana called 911.  She said 'Hello, this is Moana gostey at Mega Gymnastics.  Someones had an ingery!'  They came as quick as they could.  They were pretty far away so it took them about two hours to get their.  My mother was so woried wehn she saw me at home.  In fact, she was almost petrified wehn I told her waht happend.  She dropped the book she was holding.  Wehn she let me go to my room I felt even more misreble then ever.  Gymnastics ment to me so much.  I also liked dancing.  Gymnastics did a lot of dancing.  Now I would have to miss out on it?!  Terible!  I coulden't let that happen.  But I had to."

                                                                          ***

"After dinner I was super tired. I had a dream I was doing dancing championships.  But wehn I woke up I was so sad.  I couldent dance or do gymnastics in crutches!  For breakfast I ate outmeal cearial.  But wehn I came to school I was crushed.  We had P.E. today!  And we were doing gymnastics!  I couldent do it.  Waht a terible start to the day.  I wanted it to be the next day.  The next day we had music.  I could do music.  But I couldent do P.E.  Waht would I do in P.E.?  Do the broken foot dance?  I was helpless.  Completely helpless."



Here's what I have to say: TWO HOURS for the ambulance to arrive after a 911 call?!?  They'd have been better off just driving Persephony to the hospital themselves.  WAY TO DROP THE BALL, FIRST RESPONDERS.


This is as much as Madeleine has written so far, but I can't wait for more.  I really want to find out how Persephony becomes a big hero so we can fast forward back to the whole hula dancing scene!!

No comments:

Post a Comment