Thursday, March 9, 2017

Authors

MADELEINE: Mommy?  When I grow up, I wanna be an author.  I wanna be a FAMOUS author.  I wanna be the MOST FAMOUS AUTHOR in the world.  So I came up with a couple of good story ideas.  So.  One is called "The Shrieking Shed."
ME: Ooh, that sounds good.
MADELEINE: Yeah.  It's about this shed, and INSIDE, there's this head that's just a head with a BLOODY NECK, and it's shrieking and making all this noise!
ME: Oh, wow.
MADELEINE: And at first, they thought it was the EGYPTIANS that made it, but then, they found out it was the JUNGLE PEOPLE that made it.


Of course Madeleine wants to write a book about a severed head with a bloody neck.  Of course she does.


It made me wonder about the many, many stories Julia has been writing in her blank journals and notebooks.  I asked her to tell me about a few of them.

JULIA: One of them is a girl, and her mom died, and she lives in this mansion, and her mom comes back to life as a ghost, but only the main character knows.  The ghost...she had, like, strawberry blonde hair, and she was wearing, like, pajamas or something.  Oh!  And another book I was writing recently: there's a girl, and she's in this tribe, and their enemy tribe, like, THREATENS something, and the enemy tribe burns down the camp place, and they have to find a new place to live.


Wait. Maybe we can tie this all together!  Maybe the tribe moves to the jungle and becomes the Jungle People, and they are responsible for the severed head with a bloody neck in the Shrieking Shed!!


With ideas like these, it is no doubt that the girls will BOTH become the most famous authors in the entire universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment