Friday, March 10, 2017

Julia's Headband

This morning, Julia decided to wear her pink, purple and white patterned headband to school; however, since it's a reversible headband, she wanted to wear it on its reversed side, which is plain hot pink.  She and Madeleine were watching a show, and Julia excused herself to go put on her headband.

JULIA:  (to Madeleine) I'm gonna wear it the OTHER way because it's reversible.  (going into the bathroom to put on her headband.)
MADELEINE: (after Julia's return) Wait!  Julia!  Where'd you get that HEADBAND?
JULIA: I got it at CVS.
MADELEINE: No you didn't!  You got the COLORFUL one at CVS!
JULIA: I just said I was switching it!
MADELEINE: Huh?  You're going FISHING?
JULIA: No.  Madeleine.  SWITCHING.  This IS the colorful one!
MADELEINE: No it's not.  The colorful one has WAY more colors.
JULIA: I said I was SWITCHING it!
MADELEINE: (after a moment's thought) Ohhhh!  It IS the colorful one!  You're just wearing it the WRONG WAY!


Lost in translation.  Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment