Monday, December 5, 2016

Madeleine Joins the Movement

Yesterday, as I was driving home from church, I passed by a young man and woman holding "Black Lives Matter" signs.  I honked my horn and gave them the thumbs-up, which prompted a discussion with the girls about the Black Lives Matter movement and the rise of hate crimes since Trump's election.  I explained that signs saying things like "Black Lives Matter" are not just a push for those in power to take these things seriously, but also a way of showing support to stand up against racism and prejudice.  Madeleine decided we need a sign for our house so we can proclaim our stance to the world.  Last night, in the middle of a rehearsal Ethan and I were having with our vocal quartet, Madeleine made our sign.  Despite the fact that we singers were in the middle of a piece, Madeleine ran up to the front of the church we were soon to perform at, brandishing her sign.  What do you think of it?:

"Black lives MATTER!  Dont just see a black person walking down the street and shoot them!"

With an evil-eyed heart holding a crossed-out gun in one hand and a check-marked "Black Lives Matter" sign in the other.

I think this sign will really make a difference, don't you?

2 comments: