Friday, December 30, 2016

An Important Question

Tonight, in the middle of dinner, Madeleine asked a question that I'm sure all of you have been asked at some point in your life.

MADELEINE: Mommy.  Rose, or orca and beluga whale friends?
ME: Wait.  Huh?
MADELEINE: Rose, or orca and beluga whale friends?

Oh.  Well THAT cleared it up. Good thing she phrased the question the exact same way a second time so that I would really understand.

ME: What do you mean?
MADELEINE: Do you like a rose, or an orca and beluga whale being friends better?
ME: Uhh...that's a tough one.  Roses are my favorite flowers, but I really like whales.
JULIA: I chose "orca and beluga whale friends" because it would be really NICE for animals to be friends!

Okay.  Clearly Julia had no trouble understanding the question like her dunderhead of a mom.

ME: Yeah, I'm gonna choose that too.  Orca and beluga whale friends.
MADELEINE: Okay.  Wait.  Mommy?  I actually already chose FOR you.
ME: Oh, okay.  What did you choose?
MADELEINE: Both.  You're WELCOME!

She then proceeded to wave a paper fan at me, which had a drawing of a rose on one side and a drawing of an orca and a beluga whale being friends on the other.  She switched sides to flap it at me with each picture facing upwards, then passed the fan across the table to me, instructing me to flap it at myself while switching sides.

Well, now I have some healthy rose-infused air and some orca and beluga friendship vibes wafting over me.  It's a good thing Madeleine chose for me, because I don't think my night would have been complete if I hadn't gotten a good dose of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment