Friday, October 21, 2016

Items for the Wash

This morning, the first thing Madeleine said to me had to do with her bed linens.

MADELEINE: Mommy?  Today can you wash my blanket and my sheets, because for some reason, my blanket smells like a YUCKY kind of popcorn.
ME: Uh...okay.
MADELEINE: Yeah.  And can you wash my sheets too, because it MIGHT be my sheets, or it MIGHT be my blanket making my sheets smell like a yucky kind of popcorn.
ME: Sure.  I can wash them today.
MADELEINE: Okay.  And Mommy?  How do you even GET the...the...the...
ME: The comforter?
MADELEINE: No.  The MATTRESS into the machine.  Do you, like, FOLD it up and stuff it in?
ME: You don't wash the mattress, honey.
MADELEINE: Yes you do.
ME: No, honey.  The mattress is the thing you sleep on...like the cushiony part of the bed.
MADELEINE: I know!  But you take that part off and wash it.
ME: No, you don't wash the mattress in the washing machine.
MADELEINE: Well, Auntie Shannon does.
ME: No she doesn't.  That part doesn't go in the machine.
MADELEINE: But you take the mattress off the bed when you wash the blankets!
ME: If we took the mattress off the bed, you'd be able to see below right into your bedside drawers with your toys in them.
MADELEINE: I know!  That's what you do!

I have *no* idea what she's talking about.  I never take the mattress off the bed when I wash her sheets.  And I didn't this time, either.  She now has clean sheets and a clean blanket, so let's hope it's not her mattress that smells like a yucky kind of popcorn, because I didn't fold it up and stuff it in the machine despite her insistence!

1 comment:

  1. What?? You've never put your mattress in the washing machine????

    ReplyDelete