Sunday, December 20, 2015

Jupiter

Madeleine on the planets, reading, and brains:

MADELEINE: Jupiter is my favorite planet.  But I wouldn't want to live there, because: one, it's a GAS GIANT.  Two, the big storm.  Three: one side is hot, and one side is cold.
ME: Why is Jupiter your favorite planet?  Because it's so big?
MADELEINE: Yeah.  And I like the storm.  But.  I wouldn't want to go in it, because (eyes widening) NO ONE COULD SURVIVE IT.
ME: Wow.
MADELEINE: Saturn is ALMOST as big as Jupiter, because it's another gas giant.
ME: How did you get so smart??
MADELEINE: From school!
ME: Oh yeah?
MADELEINE: But with reading, it's just naturally.
ME: I see.
MADELEINE: I don't know how my brain is getting bigger.  But if my brain is getting bigger, my head should be getting bigger, so my brain doesn't EXPLODE out of my head.

1 comment: