Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Even More About the Mintz

JULIA: (galloping ecstatically back and forth through the hallway and living room)
ME: Okay, Julia time to brush your teeth and get to bed.
JULIA: (deflating with a pouty face)
ME: Sorry, honey, but it's time.
JULIA: (gazing off into he distance) Mommy, I can't WAIT for the Christmas pageant at church.
ME: I know you can't.  Were you thinking about it while you were galloping?
JULIA: Yessss.
ME: Are the Mintz doing a Christmas pageant too?
JULIA: (as if I'm a moron) They're in OUR Christmas pageant!
ME: Wait.  The Mintz go to our church?!?
JULIA: Yes!
ME: Oh.  I never see them there!
JULIA: (collapsing into giggles, then looking at me warily as if she's not totally sure I'm kidding around.)
ME: Do any of them sing in the choir with me?
JULIA: Yes!  Their mom, and Jastina and Jessica do.
ME: Oh!  Well, I'll have to keep an eye out for them.  Next time I go to choir I'll have to be like, "Hey, Astrid.  How's it goin?"

Because Astrid Mintz is the most Greek Orthodox sounding name there could ever be.  Duh.  How could I *not* have known she goes to our church???

No comments:

Post a Comment