Friday, May 29, 2015

The Missing Tape

Over the past month or so, the girls, in creating one of their elaborate art projects or wrapping hand-made gifts or something of the sort, managed to misplace the roll of tape.  That hasn't stopped both of them from repeatedly asking me where the tape is, despite the fact that I was definitely not the last one to lay eyes and hands on it. 

Luckily, the girls have found some creative ways to get around the missing tape issue. 

Take a look at Julia's signs from her make-believe game of hospital, hanging on her own and Madeleine's bedroom doors:




Bravo, Nurce Rowe!  Hanging the signs with stickers in lieu of tape!  I wonder if she uses the same creative tactics in her emergancey room.  No sutures for a patient undergoing an operation?  Just use a few stickers to patch his or her flesh back together!


Madeleine has obviously learned a thing or two from Julia, as I found the following picture hanging to her door with stickers this morning:







I mean, really, who needs tape when we have stickers?  We might as well not even bother looking for the tape at this point.

It turns out there is an instance in which Madeleine feels tape is a necessity.  We received a package today containing the birthday gifts I had purchased for Julia's good friend, whose party is upcoming.  This particular friend also happens to be coming over for a play-date this afternoon, so I asked Madeleine to put the gifts in my closet to keep them out of eye-sight.

Madeleine successfully hid the presents, then came back out of my bedroom lamenting the loss of our tape.

MADELEINE: (with deep sorrow) Mamaaaaa.  I wiiiiish we could find the tape.

I figured she was thinking of the fact that we will need to wrap the presents, and to do so, we'll need tape.  In fact, that was exactly what I had been thinking of earlier in the day when I actually went out and bought a new roll of tape.

ME: Well, guess what? We don't need to.
MADELEINE: But Mamaaaa.  I really wish we could FIND it.
ME: Well, I bought more today!
MADELEINE: (in great relief) Oh.  GOOD.  Because NOW we can tape your closet shut so the presents will stay hidden!

Ah.  So that's what she wanted the tape for.  What a dope I am, thinking it was for the wrapping of the presents, when really, the tape could come to much better use taping these doors closed:





Duh.  Of course that's what she wants the tape for.  Because a piece of scotch tape would definitely be strong enough to keep two wooden doors attached.

Or maybe I could just try putting a sticker on them.

1 comment: