Thursday, May 21, 2015

President

Lunchtime conversation today:

MADELEINE: Mama.  If YOU could be president, what would you do?
ME: I would...(thoughtful)
MADELEINE: Mama.  If YOU WERE PRESIDENT, what would you do?
ME: I would...make a law that nobody can buy or own guns.
MADELEINE: I would make a potion that turned me into Bubbles.  And I would make ALL of the people from Harry Potter become REAL.  And...once they were real, I would make ALL of the bad guys EXPLODE!


Apparently Madeleine equates President of the United States with having magical powers.  If I had known that was the case, I would have dawdled less trying to come up with a thoughtful answer about something I would change in this country.  Because I could have just said I would make myself into a Power Puff Girl or something, and that would have been equally legit.

No comments:

Post a Comment