Monday, May 4, 2015

Madeleine Quotes of the Day

Madeleine has been full of memorable quotes all day today, starting with the moment I peeked into her room to see if she was awake this morning.

ME: Good morning, honey!
MADELEINE: Hi, Mommy.
ME: Did you just wake up?
MADELEINE: Mmm-hmm.  And Mama?  My hand fell asleep.
ME: Yeah?  Is it all tingly?
MADELEINE: Yeah.  It always feels like there's DOTS on it.  Invisible DOTS.
ME: Oh, that's a good way to describe it.  Sometimes that feeling is called "pins and needles."
MADELEINE: (thoughtful) Mama?  Is a needle the metal pointy thing that you use when you're sewing?
ME: Yes, exactly.


I don't know, though.  I think I might like "invisible dots" better than "pins and needles."  Maybe I'll adopt that as my new expression next time one of my limbs falls asleep.


Madeleine had a blast at school today, playing outside in the warm, summer-like weather.  As we drove home after pick-up, Madeleine chattered about the warmth.

MADELEINE: Mama.  It was SO warm outside, and even it was so warm that the weather started to get NASTY.  Because it was SO hot.
ME: Yeah, when the weather starts to feel really hot, it's a smart idea to find some shade.
MADELEINE: Yeah.  Because Mama.  I could BARELY even go on the tires, because they were SO hot.

We then drove by a beautifully blossoming tree, which led Madeleine to tell me about the trees near Auntie Caitlyn's apartment, where she and Julia spent the night on Friday.

MADELEINE: Oh, I *love* those kinds of trees!  And Mama.  We got to walk through this WONDERLAND of trees.  It was, like, really a WONDERLAND, and there were even petals all over the GROUND!

I wish I could have walked through the wonderland, although my allergies probably appreciate the fact that I didn't.

Speaking of things Madeleine did at Auntie Caitlyn's house, she got to watch several of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies, and is now simultaneously obsessed with the Power Puff Girls (still) and Captain Jack Sparrow.  Apparently she thinks I should be obsessed with the pirate cap'n as well, as she came home from school with a picture that she had made for me:






I have not seen more than the first movie, and that was ages ago, so I was not familiar with the "Stop blowing holes in my ship" line, but thankfully Auntie Shannon cleared it all up for me and saved the day by successfully reading Madeleine's "kindergarten spelling."  (ME: I love your kindergarten spelling, Madeleine!  MADELEINE: Yeah.  Because Mama. I really WANTED to kindergarten spell, because you always tell me to try it!)

At any rate, Madeleine and I are going to go enjoy the warm, sometimes nasty, weather outside until I have to go to work, and I will most heartily endeavor to sotp blowing hlls on her cep.


No comments:

Post a Comment