Monday, May 18, 2015

Dreams

This morning, upon waking, Madeleine walked into the bathroom and waved amiably at me as I was putting in my contact lenses.

ME: Hi, sweetheart.
MADELEINE: Mama.  I was in a DREAM again.
ME: You were?  What were you just dreaming about?
MADELEINE: I was at school, and Mrs. L was giving me a CHALLENGE.
ME: Oh, wow.
MADELEINE: Yeah.  And Mama.  The challenge was: (breaking into song) Hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle, the cow jumped over the mooooon....


Clearly, Madeleine's recollection of her dream made just about as much sense as the dream itself.

At least this dream was a happy one.  A few nights ago, Madeleine came into my bedroom after being "in a dream," this one a nightmare.

MADELEINE: Can I sleep in here?
ME: Why?  What happened?
MADELEINE: I had a bad dream.
ME: Oh no!  What did you dream about?
MADELEINE: I had a dream that there were zombie koopa troopas, and they were coming out of the tv, and they were REAL.

Yes indeed, our Super Mario Brothers Wii game is now causing nightmares.  What next?? 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I was wondering why two nights ago when I was putting her to bed she brought the Holy water over for us to do "so we don't have nightmares"

    ReplyDelete