Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Sore Hamstrings

Whether it's from swimming three events in Julia's Parent-Child Swim Team meet, or from shovelling, or from running in the snow on my last three outdoor workouts, my hamstrings are so sore and tight that they feel like they're going to snap.

Tonight I enlisted the help of Madeleine the masseuse.  I laid on my stomach on the couch and had her sit on my hamstrings.  This then turned to her actually standing up and jumping on my hamstrings, and let me tell you, it was AWESOME.

MADELEINE: Whee!  This is FUN!
ME: Keep jumping!  It's really helping!

It was a win-win.  For Madeleine, it was like a human trampoline.  For me, it was like an aggressive shiatsu massage.

When she was all finished, Madeleine parted with the hamstrings she had just massively attacked with a loving gesture.

MADELEINE: (leaning over to kiss my leg) Mama.  I kissed your hamster.

My hamsters thank her very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment