Sunday, February 8, 2015

Puppets

To begin this blog post, I give you the Quote of the Day:

MADELEINE: Why is this cabinet stuck?
ME: Because there's too much stuff in there.  We need to clean it out.  We need to clean everything out, because this house is a disaster area.
MADELEINE: Yeah. (brightly) Epsept the TOILET!  The toilet is, like, SPARKLING clean.  There's only, like, ONE poop stain in it!

Well.  I do like to pride myself on my toilet-cleaning abilities.  Ladies and gents, only one poop stain.  Round of applause, please.  Let me know if you'd like my master cleaning skills on YOUR toilets.

In other, non-toilet-related news, the girls and I are home sick from church this morning, so what better way to spend the time than with a puppet show production??  Yiayia recently handed down a bag full of puppets from her house, and Julia got hold of them this morning.  I knew I was in for a viewing when, as I sat at the table drinking my coffee, I overheard this:

JULIA: Madeleine, I'm gonna put on a puppet show!
MADELEINE: Okay!
JULIA: Wait.  We should ask MOMMY to come watch it!


The kids were so antsy for me to join the audience for the puppet show that they each individually barged in on me in the bathroom to ask me to come downstairs to watch.  Madeleine even barged in TWICE, the second time to ask me, "Uh, can you be really QUICK in the bathroom?" 

So before I'd even finished my coffee, there I was on the play-room floor, watching the amazing production of "The Princess and the Witch."

Madeleine sat in my lap and together we witnessed the premiere of Julia's show.  Now, we have three industrial-sized dehumidifiers running in the basement at the moment, to try and dry the basement carpet after a pipe burst in our garage:




Needless to say, the noise from these three super-strength machines is loud enough to make conversation hard to hear downstairs, let alone the dialogue provided by someone whose head is under a blanket.  So I couldn't catch a lot of what Julia was saying during the show, but I was willing to let that go.  Madeleine, however, was a much tougher critic, quick to point out all of Julia's shortcomings as puppeteer.

MADELEINE: Uh, Julia, I can see your LEGS under the chair!
ME: That's okay.  Don't worry about it.

The witch, and Julia's leg.


MADELEINE: Uh, Julia??  Talk into a MICROPHONE because we can't HEAR you.
ME: It's hard to hear with the dehumidifiers, but it's okay.  Don't worry about it.


MADELEINE: Uh, Julia?  Can you show the puppet's FACES, because...you're not really SHOWING them.
ME: It's okay.  We can see well enough.

Can you tell I wasn't anxious to have a re-do of the puppet show due to audience complaints??

Tomorrow is looking like a very likely snow day, YET AGAIN, so I foresee many future puppet show productions for me to view.

And on a completely different note, HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY, AUNTIE CAITLYN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We love you!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment