Sunday, February 15, 2015

Snowy Day Activities

Snowed-in and house-bound once again, we Rowes have spent yet more quality family time together today.  Part of the family fun was partaking in Madeleine's invented Race and Show.

Just to give you an idea of what an incredible experience this all was, take a look at Madeleine's outfit for the race:



The race was amazing, folks.  It involved Julia, Ethan and I walking from the fireplace down to the master bedroom and back to the fireplace.  Madeleine served as announcer using our kiddie microphone.  Let me just tell you: IT.  WAS.  RIVETING.  I really wish all you readers could have been in the audience because there is really nothing more adrenaline-boosting than watching three family members walk in a single file line down the hallway and back.
 

I thought we were all off the hook after the race winner was announced (who, incidentally, happened to be Julia, for finishing LAST, whereas my reaching the fireplace FIRST meant diddly-squat.)  However, little did we know that Madeleine's activity was two-fold.  After the race, we were all ordered invited downstairs to watch her show.

I'm sure you can all imagine what a one-kid show must be like to watch, but just to *really* set the scene for you, I will present the following.

First, Madeleine's appearance while performing this show:




Secondly, an excerpt from the beginning of the show:

MADELEINE: (hopping and twirling around) Oh, I just LOVE the first day of spring - the - the - the sev - the seven - the - the - the seventeen - the - the - the sev - the - the - seventieth - the seventeenth - the - the - the - seventieth - the - the SEVENTEENTH - the seventeenth day of SUMMER! (Narrating) Then, Katelyn found a BALL. (picking up a ball from the play room floor and bouncing it around) Oh!  A ball!  (taking several minutes to bounce the ball around in silence)
ETHAN: Wow.  This is a great show so far, Madeleine.
ME: I can see how well she prepared for it.
MADELEINE: Oh!  I didn't prepare at ALL!  I'm just MAKING it up right now!

No.  Way.  It all seemed so smooth and polished to me.


The rest of the show carried on in similar fashion, and received a wild and rousing applause from the audience.

I mean, how can we even long for an end to snow and a return of temperate outdoor weather when we have entertainment like this inside our very own house??  Who needs the first day of spring or the seventeenth day of summer to come, after all?



No comments:

Post a Comment