Sunday, May 18, 2014

Parties

Remember the good old days of Julia's "Harry Potter" obsession?  Well, those days are long gone, folks, as Julia is deep in the midst of an American Girl obsession. 

We have had LOTS of talk about the American Girls this morning, starting with this astute comment:

JULIA: Mom?  Sometimes when I just STARE at my American Girl dolls, I feel like they're gonna, like, come to LIFE.

And, of course, one can't discuss the American Girls without speaking of the aldin days.

JULIA: (wistfully) Mom?  I wish *I* lived in the olden days!
ME: Well, you sort of do.  100 years from now, people will look back at this as the olden days.
JULIA: Oh, yeah!  Wait, Mom, you're RIGHT!  So, like, every day is really the olden days for WHOEVER lives in the future from now!
ME: Exactly.
JULIA: So Mom.  What do you think things will be LIKE in the future when people are looking back at the olden days?
ME: Well, what do YOU think the future will be like?
JULIA: (in delight) Wait, do you think it will be like Ju-Sa-Lil, where people live INSIDE the EARTH??

Nope.  I don't.


The American Girl dolls all congregated in the dining room this morning for a big event: Saige's birthday party.  The party was complete with a bouncy house, which was actually the baby doll pack 'n play turned upside down.





Saige bouncing high in the air



Madeleine, the party hostess, dressed in TRUE party style for the exciting event.

ME: Madeleine, I like your sunglasses.
MADELEINE: They're not SUNGLASSES.  They're PARTY glasses.

Party Glasses


Are you wondering about the difference between sunglasses and party glasses?  I was, too, so I asked Madeleine about it.

ME: So Madeleine, what ARE party glasses?
MADELEINE: So.  Mama.  I put them ON, and I can see PARTY things, and...also...NIGHT vision. 

Ohhh.  NOW I get it.  I know that I'm always in need of night vision when I'm at parties.

Speaking of parties, Madeleine is BEYOND excited to attend the birthday party of one of her preschool friends this afternoon.  And as is typical, she's decked out in TOTAL style:






Flip-flops over tights are SO in right now! 


1 comment:

  1. I used to think my dolls were going to come to life when I stared at them too!!!!!!!!!! I really did!!!!

    ReplyDelete