Friday, May 16, 2014

Madeleine's Wish List

ME: Madeleine, come here, I need to tell you something.
MADELEINE: Well Mama.  Is it something EXCITING?
ME: Uh, no, not really.  Can you guess what it is?
MADELEINE: (with disdain) You LOVE me?
ME: Yes!  How did you know?
MADELEINE: Well Mama.  Can you ask me something exciting?
ME: Well, what would you like me to ask?
MADELEINE: Uh...like, something about my BIRTHDAY.
ME: Okay.  Uh...what would you like to do on your birthday?
MADELEINE: Well Mama.  I mean, like something about my PRESENT.
ME: Okay.  What presents do you want for your birthday?
MADELEINE: Well Mama.  What present are you going to GET me?
ME: I have no idea yet.  Your birthday is still far away.
MADELEINE: Well Mama.  I think I want something that's DIFFERENT.

So, she wants something that's different than the non-existent gift I have yet to get her.  Noted.

ME: Okay.  Well, what do you want?
MADELEINE: Well, I think I want a NAIL POLISH game, where you put the nail polish on them.  And...I want a CUPCAKE set.
ME: We already have TWO cupcake sets.

(I should have said it like Madeleine: We ARDERY have two cupcake sets.)

Not good enough for Madeleine, I guess.  Apparently Hello Kitty and Seala need some more baking lessons, and eight play cupcakes just aren't gonna cut it.

 Yep.  Two sets is definitely not enough for one person.


ME: Well, what do you like to do with the cupcake sets?
MADELEINE: Um, you can ALSO get me a DONUT MAKER, and...an ice cream maker, because Julia has one and I don't.

(Feel free to not answer my question and just pile on the birthday demands, Madeleine.)

ME: Okay.  What else?
MADELEINE: Um...and...and trick-or-treat bags.
ME: But we have a million trick-or-treat bags.
MADELEINE: But those are in the basement.
ME: So?
MADELEINE: I think it's YUCKY to go down in the basement and get some YUCKY old dusty Halloween bags.
ME: Okay, well, I tell you what.  I'll put that all on your wish list.
MADELEINE: (brightly) Okay!

You've heard it from the original source herself, folks.  Looking for a gift for Madeleine?  How about a donut maker?  Or if you want to go less expensive, a trick-or-treat bag would do!  And, hey, we could always use a THIRD cupcake set!  One can NEVER have too many play cupcakes to leave on the floor for adults to accidentally step on and nearly twist an ankle, right?  So wipe your brows with relief.  Even though Madeleine's birthday is still five months away, you don't have to sweat over what to get her, because she's got her wish list down pat!

1 comment: