Thursday, May 22, 2014

BFFs and BFPs

After a four-hour play-date at our house with one of her preschool buddies, Madeleine found herself literally dreaming about her friend.  Having drifted off during our bedtime snuggles, she suddenly awoke, distressed by a dream she'd had.

MADELEINE: Mama?  I had a dream that Lilly doesn't want to be my BFF anymore, so she threw me in the garbage!
ME: I thought Julia is your BFF.
MADELEINE: No, now it's Lilly.  Well Mama.  Actually, it's YOU.  But then NEXT is Lilly.

Gasp.  *I'm* Madeleine's BFF?  I am - seriously - so honored!  I know, I know, it won't last, but I'll enjoy my exalted status while I can!

Obviously, both girls are in a very social mode now that they're in school, and Julia was especially desperate to get out the door to school this morning.  Unfortunately, we were delayed just a bit by a big emergency poop that Madeleine needed to do.  To give Madeleine credit, she really listened to me when I told her it had to be FAST so that we could get out the door on time.

She didn't take her clothes off.
She didn't gather together a bunch of toys to play with on the pot.
She didn't sing "Let it Go" or any other songs from "Frozen."

In fact, this was the fastest I have ever known her to be on the potty.  It must have REALLY been an emergency poop.  Madeleine even acknowledged what an epic ordeal it had been once she was off the potty and washing her hands. 

MADELEINE: Wow!  That poop just fell out of me so COMPLETELY!

While I appreciated Madeleine's speed in the bathroom, Julia felt the need to hold it against her.  As Julia searched in vain for the matching sneaker to the one she had already put on, she came to the sudden conclusion that it was all Madeleine's fault.

JULIA: Argghh!  I can't find my sneaker ANYWHERE in this shoe bin!  MADELEINE!  Why did you have to POOP?  Now we're going to be LATE.

(Yeah, Madeleine.  OMG.  I want to see my BFFs and you had to do a BFP.  (Big Fat Poop, just in CASE you really wanted to know what I meant.)  How DARE you have bodily functions?  Next time, just go in your underwear.  Sheesh.)

We were not, in fact, late.  And I managed to find Julia's sneaker in a matter of seconds.  But that didn't stop Julia's panic that we were on the verge of catastrophe.

And it all worked out in a cosmically karmic way.  This afternoon, as we were heading out the door to drop the girls at Lilly's house while I went to work, guess who had to delay our departure with an emergency poop?

ME: Jules?  Are you almost done in there?  We really need to leave.
JULIA: (distraught) Mommy!?  Every time you ask me that, I just feel MORE poop needing to come out!

So now they're even.  Both girls had to wait to see their friends because of the other one needing the toilet.  One good poop deserves another!

No comments:

Post a Comment