Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Puppet Show Fun

Yesterday morning, Julia and Madeleine got to attend a special puppet show presentation at Madeleine's preschool:








The girls both got a big kick out of the performance, so much so that Julia was compelled to resurrect these two little bunny finger puppets that came from some goody bag or Easter egg hunt of yore:


In typical little-sister fashion, Madeleine desperately wanted to play with one of the bunnies too.  In typical big-sister fashion, Julia suddenly felt that these finger puppets are her most beloved and prized possession and couldn't bear to part with either of them.  I mean, I know that Julia loves bunnys and all, but her refusal to share one of these little plastic pieces of junk led to a LOT of unnecessary bickering.  I assured Madeleine that she would be making her own puppet at preschool the next day, which didn't help in the heat of the moment.

However...

Madeleine was ecstatic when I picked her up from school today and she was able to bring home her very own, hand-made puppet. 
Blog-readers, I introduce you to:

Hug-a-bot.  Her full name is Hug-a-bot Elf Rowe, and her second name is Mommy.  She's the little sister of Puffball, the lamb that Julia made during her "March Goes In Like a Lion and Out Like a Lamb" project in kindergarten.

Puffball




Here's a little more about Hug-a-bot, in Madeleine's own words:
"Hug-a-bot is friendly, and she's sweet, and she loves her mommy and her daddy and her big brother and her big sister.  She loves her WHOLE familyyyyyy!"

Because I'm one lucky Mama, I got to watch several puppet show productions starring Hug-a-bot, put on by Madeleine, using her very own make-shift stage: 

I was a preschool kid in the audience.  Madeleine was my teacher, whose name is Dondo.  She basically told me what comments to make, then commanded me to say them in a "little kid voice" when I accidentally repeated them in my regular speaking voice. 

As I said, I'm one lucky mama.

And because YOU'RE lucky, you can view a video of one of these puppet shows below.  As you can see, Madeleine was willing to shed her Dondo persona in order to become an actress in the puppet show herself:



Maybe if we're all REALLY lucky, we'll get some Hug-a-bot/Puffball/plastic bunny puppet show action once Julia gets home from school this afternoon!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, sis!

    Hug-a-bot makes me really nostalgic for those pink cottonballs we used to do crafts with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Madeleine just a little dolly or what?! That picture where Julia is looking away is SO precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Caitlyn!! I love her in that picture so much! I also love her giant brown Courtney Elf doe eyes in the last one before the movie.

    ReplyDelete