Monday, June 18, 2012

Various Updates

Last night, as I took Madeleine to the bathroom of the restaurant we had dined at, she became obsessed, from her perch on the toilet seat, with the electrical outlet on the wall.

MADELEINE: What's THAT, Mom?
ME: That's the wall.
MADELEINE: No, what's THAT thing?
ME: What thing?
MADELEINE: (pointing vaguely) THAT thing.
ME: You mean the light switch?
MADELEINE: No, THAT thing!
ME: The outlet?
MADELEINE: THAT thing!
ME: That's an outlet.
MADELEINE: No, WHAT'S that thing?
ME: It's an outlet, honey.  You use it to plug things into.
MADELEINE: (apparently deciding to answer her own question, as I was clearly too dense to give her the answer she was looking for) Oh!  It's just a SAD MOUTH!

What a dope I am.  Of COURSE it's not an outlet.  It's two rectangular eyes with a SAD MOUTH.  Duh!

The electrical outlet... I mean... the SAD MOUTH.

I guess she had sad mouths on the brain this morning as well, since she decided to give Hello Kitty a frown rather than the usual, crooked upturned smile:

 "Hi.  I'm Hello Kitty," Madeleine whimpered in a pathetic voice, speaking aloud Hello Kitty's tragic tale as she colored.  "I'm just sad because I'm floating away!" she lamented.  Oh, man.  POOR Hello Kitty.

Meanwhile, one of the girls has also discovered a new hiding place in the Rowe house.  Can you guess who's hiding in the pillowcase?:




And finally, I have big, important news: Julia's first Goldens CD has been released!  Bearing the title "The Light of Your Love," this CD runs for a whopping seven minutes with twelve song tracks.  And even though you can't see her singing the songs, I know how very important her outfit was for the recording session, so I'll just give you a detailed description: she was looking snazzy in a pink, green and white flowered, spaghetti strap sundress and white cardigan over it.  Surprisingly, no layers underneath; she decided to take a break from her usual leggings-under-everything look.

Not only was Ethan lucky enough to spend half of his Fathers Day recording - and then converting the recording to a CD with separate tracks - this album, but he also made multiple copies so that any of you readers who would like your VERY OWN Goldens debut album may have one.  If you'd like to place your order, you can contact me, her album manager.  In case the prospect isn't enticing enough, here's a little extra info: this album boasts tracks with titles such as "Take Your No Ways," "The Arrow Points Up, The Arrow Points Down," and "The Lovely Tulips."  And lest you think this album features JUST vocals, let me inform you that Julia is not ONLY singing her original compositions, but ALSO shaking a maraca along with herself as she sings.  Here, one last temptation, is a glimpse of the Goldens golden CD:


I know you're all salivating to get at one of these, so place your orders now!

1 comment:

  1. I place my order to the Album Manager for one Golden's CD. XOXO, Love, Yiayia

    ReplyDelete