Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Polly Pocket Play

Julia and Madeleine engaged in some Polly Pocket pretend play this morning.  Madeleine, who had only one Polly Pocket with which to play, kindly asked Julia to share one "friend."  Julia, who had seven Polly Pockets, found Madeleine's audacity outrageously unacceptable.*




*By the way, Julia is me as a child.  Shannon, I am finally beginning to understand what you went through having me as your big sister.

Thankfully,  Julia was kind enough to run upstairs and fetch an extra Polly Pocket to share with Madeleine.  "Mom, I decided that she can have this Sleeping Beauty, because I don't really play with her very much," Julia announced, traipsing into the room with Polly Pocket in hand.  I can definitely see why Julia doesn't play with this Sleeping Beauty very often; poor Madeleine was stuck with the creepy, bug-eyed, possessed version of Sleeping Beauty, who was quickly decapitated.  And armless.



In other words, Madeleine received a total loser.  (Double entendre intended.)

2 comments:

  1. I know Julia's you as a kid. Fortunately, Madeleine ISN'T me as a kid! She obediently says what Julia tells her to say instead of ad-libbing her own lines!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madeleine does seem to graciously accept second best. That's a great quality. XOXO, Love you, Yiayia

      Delete