Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Today, so far

Julia, upon awakening this morning, had the following announcement:

"Mama, I thought the morning was night-time, because I thought that magic came to life and turned it to summer. Because I was thinking 'it's still night-time! How can it be this light out when it's night-time?"

Once she realized it truly was morning, and not summer, she quickly got ready for school and Ethan, Madeleine and I brought her on over. On our drive back home, Ethan expressed his irritation for a fellow driver trying to pull out into the stream of traffic:

ETHAN: (in exasperation) Buddy! What are you doing?
MADELEINE: Buddy what are you doing? (pause) What's buddy doin', Dad?

Once we got home, Madeleine delighted in playing with the illicit My Little Ponies; when Julia is home, she won't let Madeleine near her ponies with a ten-foot pole. Free of her sister's possessive presence, Madeleine joyously danced the ponies around, fed them bottles, pranced them across the piano, and even dressed them up for Halloween:


"Fluttershy's being GHOST!"


Now that is one amazing costume, all right.

Upon Julia's return home from school, she had the following important news for me: "Mama, ever since I started taking my new shoes off, I became interested in leaving the straps undone. Is that silly?!?"

Makes about as much sense as her idea that magic came to life and turned it to summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment