Thursday, October 27, 2011

Julia goes organic free-range

After watching a Chick-fil-a commercial in between Curious George episodes this morning, Julia was confused over the statement "Our cows have no beef with that."

JULIA: What does it mean 'the cows have no beef with that?'
ME: Having a beef with something means having a problem with it. So if you were giving me attitude, I might say, 'Julia, I have a beef with your behavior.' So the cows have no beef with the fact that they're treated kindly and they're allowed to roam around freely. See, there are some kinds of farms called factory farms...
JULIA: I know! Daddy already told me! Where they keep the animals in the little boxes like the kind in my Little People farm.
ME: Right. So the animals don't get a chance to roam around and get excercise. That's why Daddy and I buy only what's called "free range" meat.
JULIA: Yeah, Mom, I know, just like.... (running off to her bookshelf, returning and showing me the following picture)

ME: Julia, you are the smartest kid in the whole world.
JULIA: Yeah. And the farmers didn't even know their chickens were wearing SNEAKERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment