Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cinderella and the Bapboom

Julia has kindly shared some of her Polly Pockets with Madeleine this week, allowing her sister to join in some of the pretend games in Julia's room, and even permitting Madeleine to take a Polly Pocket or two downstairs to play with. Madeleine recently became very attached to the Snow White figurine (or, as she calls her, Cinderella) and has been carrying it around the house, taking her on all sorts of adventures. Snow White has had a dangerously wild ride, facing all kinds of perils, none quite so treacherous as... THE BAPBOOM!!! (Duh duh duh...)



Madeleine ran to me frantically for help, wailing, "Uh-oh! A Cinderella! Stuck! Get it?"

I wonder when she will learn not to stick things in things.

Poor "Cinderella" did not escape unscathed:



Okay, I'm kidding. She was already one-leg Snow White when she went into the vacuum. Of course Julia was so generous about sharing her broken, gimpy Polly Pocket.

In a recent development, Madeleine has finally caught on that some princesses have names other than Cinderella, and has now started referring to Snow White as "Snowman." We're getting there...

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA. I really thought she lost her leg in there! I was thinking, how on earth did she get it stuck in there so badly!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you had me thinking she lost her leg as well! I guess to Madeleine, her gimpy one legedness doesn't even matter because she is blinded by love for Cinderella/Snow White, or should I say Snowman!

    Love, Yiayia

    ReplyDelete