Monday, June 20, 2011

Bus ride adventure

Today the girls and I got to try out the public transportation in our town, as I am on driving restrictions for the next 6 months. We decided to take the local bus over to the Y so that I could get in a workout without having the added workout of trying to walk there and back with the kids. While I am obviously not thrilled about relinquishing my driving privileges, I can at least say that the girls were thoroughly excited about riding on the bus. As Julia put it, "Taking the bus is WAY more fun than driving!"

The ride home would have perhaps been equally as exciting had we not been stuck waiting a half hour for the bus to come. Julia began to weary of the wait, wisely pointing out to me, "Well, Mama, THIS was not part of our plan." "What was not part of our plan?" I asked her, running after Madeleine for the umpteenth time as she tried to take off down the sidewalk. "Waiting FOREVER for the bus to come!" Julia clarified, still finding ways to keep herself occupied as she hopped around the sidewalk holding two sticks and singing a song about "Doo doo doo, I love you!" It doesn't seem like the long wait scarred her too badly, since after we got off the bus and were walking towards home she told me that "riding the bus was an adventurous wonder!"

The bus got us home well past the girls' usual lunch time and Madeleine's nap. To make up for lost time, when we got home I immediately served the girls lunch, before even getting into the shower or stretching. Madeleine decided not to stay put at the table with her food, and went charging off into the living room after I handed her a banana (exclaiming "YAY! Manna!"), subsequently managing to lose the banana within the first few minutes of taking hold of it.

"Madeleine, where did your banana go?" I asked her, to which she reassuringly replied, "A manna it's under blanket." "Under what blanket? Can you show me?" I asked, beginning to search the living room. "I put a manna under couch a under blanket," she responded, as if it was perfectly obvious where the banana was hiding. "Can you show me?" I prompted again, receiving a wide-eyed, enthusiastic "Uh-huh!" in return, followed by aimless wandering around the living room, calling out, "A manna! Manna?"


I still haven't found it.

After getting Madeleine to nap, I had to hold off just a bit longer on my shower as Julia had a sudden mid-lunch poop attack. After she was finished and had wiped, she began dancing around the bathroom singing an impromptu, brand-new composition: "Vagina, vagina, who likes vaginas?"

My children are brilliant.

4 comments:

  1. HASJKDHKQJLWBHQD@ I meant to comment on this yesterday but the "A manna? A manna?" part cracked me up SO MUCH! That little sweetheart! I just want to squeeze her little thighs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops - meant to post the Julia taking after her Auntie Cait part here...due to the "Vaginas!" song of course. Sounds reminiscent of "I gotta pee, I gotta pee! I gotta pee hey hey hey hey!" THEN GO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, it was "potty potty potty, potty potty potty."

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the vagina song... teen age and older boys will all approve.

    ReplyDelete