Monday, March 14, 2011

Lady Gaga

Julia drew the following picture today:



How does she know who Lady Gaga is, you might wonder. It all started a few weeks ago when she announced that her friend Emilia sings the song "Lady Gaga" at school. Despite my limited knowledge of current popular music, I was able to tell Julia that Lady Gaga is actually a singer, and to show her pictures of some of the outlandish outfits Lady Gaga has been photographed in. Today when we were in the checkout line at the grocery store, I noticed a pink-haired Lady Gaga on the cover of a magazine, so I pointed it out to Julia. I guess it made quite an impression on her.

After drawing her version of the magazine cover and showing me the picture, she exclaimed, "Doesn't she look like a real party girl?"

And while it is apparently not a stretch for her to believe that a little fairy went into her room last week and put a dollar under her pillow, I guess a person with pink hair seems just too bizarre to be true, since she asked me, "Mom? Is Lady Gaga real?"

The best part of all of this is that Madeleine has been toddling around the house for the past hour babbling, "Gaga. GAGA! Goo goo gaga. Gaga!" I knew there was a chance my daughters would become Lady Gaga fans at some point in their tween or teen years, but I certainly didn't expect it to happen this early!

No comments:

Post a Comment