Saturday, March 19, 2011

Another Three Conversations with Julia

#1

JULIA: (coming into our bedroom in the middle of the night) Mommy! I had a nightmare!
ME: You did?
JULIA: I was crying and crying.
ME: Oh, honey, come here. What was your nightmare about?
JULIA: Uh, the scary tree from "My Little Pony." But you know what? I told myself it's NOT REAL. Because I know that talking ponies can't really talk, so I knew it wasn't real.

I'm glad she was able to apply such good logic and calm herself down from the nightmare so well. It makes perfect sense. Talking ponies can't really talk, so it must have been all in her head.

#2

JULIA: Mommy, did you know that Karen has a baby doll and it's a DORA baby doll?
ME: No, I didn't know that. Is Karen one of the friends you made at the Y?
JULIA: No, Mom! Remember?
ME: No, I don't remember. Who's Karen?
JULIA: (exasperated) Mom! Don't you remember? We talked about this two days ago!
ME: No, I'm sorry, I can't remember. Is Karen one of the baby-sitters at the Y?
JULIA: Yes!
ME: Oh, okay. Which one is she?
JULIA: Mooooom! We talked about this! The one with all the makeup?
ME: Oh, yeah. Now I remember.
JULIA: Mommy, I'm feeling frustrated at you.
ME: You are? Why?
JULIA: Because you're not remembering that we already talked about this!

Yikes. Between all her imaginary friends, her real friends at school, the Y, and gymnastics, plus the various teachers and baby-sitters she has at the aforementioned places, there are a lot of names for me to keep track of. How dare I forget who Karen is??

#3

JULIA: Mommy, at school Erin was being really funny, because Miss Marisa said, "Erin, what are you doing?" and Erin said, "I'm putting my foot cream on my face!"
ME: She was putting FOOT CREAM on her face? Yuck!
JULIA: Why yuck?
ME: Well, foot cream belongs on your feet, not on your face.
JULIA: No, um, her foot cream that was from her jello.
ME: She put foot cream on her jello??
JULIA: No, she put the foot cream from her jello all over her face. We had jello with foot cream.
ME: Are you sure it wasn't WHIPPED cream?
JULIA: (thoughtful) Oh, yeah. Maybe I think it was whipped cream.

Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment