Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Swimming and dancing

Julia enjoyed day 2 of swim lessons this morning, and chattered on and on about it on the way home. That is, she chattered about all the important things: "Mama, TWO girls in my class were wearing UNDERBRAIDS just like me! Mama, the girl with the black hair, her name is MICHAELA. And Mama, there's an Autumn in my class." I commented that Autumn is a pretty name, and Julia responded, "Yeah, it's kind of like the Autumn that was at Kelly's wedding." I was wracking my brain, trying to think if one of the bridesmaids at Adam & Kelly's wedding was named Autumn, and remarked, "There was? I don't remember an Autumn there." Julia was silent for a moment, then corrected me: "No, Mama, you always say AUTUMN and Kelly's wedding."

When we got home, Julia decided she wanted to be a ballerina, so she put on one of her dress-up tutus and asked me to put on the "wedding music" (which really means the "Light Classical" tv channel.) She spent a lot of time twirling around admiring her billowing tutu, then transitioned to her "sleep dance." Wherever she got that idea. Here are some pictures of the sleep dance:




She even showed off her sleep dance to Ethan when he came downstairs for a lunch break: "You wanna see how you do it, Daddy? You just go like this. That's a sleep dance. I learned it by myself, Daddy." Wow, maybe I should rethink the swim lesson thing: who needs instructors when you've got self-taught moves like these??

2 comments:

  1. Is that a little Caitlyn Elf right there or WHAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also - I like how she's wearing her tutu

    ReplyDelete