Monday, June 14, 2010

On repeat

1:53 pm

JULIA: Mommy, can I have some snack?
ME: No, honey, it's not snack time yet. You just had lunch a little while ago.

2 minutes later

JULIA: Mommy, is it snack time yet?
ME: Not yet, honey.
JULIA: But I'm reeeeeeally hungry.
ME: Well, you're gonna have to wait.

5 minutes later

JULIA: Mommy, NOW is it snack time?
ME: No, Julia, not yet.

2 minutes later

JULIA: Mommy, but I really want snack.
ME: I understand, but it's not time yet.

2 minutes later

JULIA: Mommy, is it snack time now?
ME: Not yet, sweetheart.
JULIA: Mommy, I'm really tired of you saying it's not snack time yet.

Oh. And I wasn't tired of her asking me if it's snack time yet.

And my other persistent child:

MADELEINE: crawling over to my computer cords to try and put them in her mouth.
ME: No, no, Madeleine!
MADELEINE: Ignoring me.
ME: No no! No no touch!
MADELEINE: Looking at me for a second, then resuming her pursuit.
ME: No no touch! I said no! (Picking her up and removing her from the area) Madeleine, I'm really tired of you trying to get your hands on those cords.
JULIA: (consolingly) Mama, it's tough having a baby in the house, isn't it?

1 comment: