Thursday, November 14, 2019

Toilet Talk

Conversation in the car driving to swim:

MADELEINE: Isn't it WEIRD that the toilets in the Southern Hemisphere swirl in the OPPOSITE direction when they flush?
ME: I didn't even know that.
MADELEINE: At first I was thinking it's the toilets on MARS that flush in the opposite direction, but then I was like, 'wait, no, it's the Southern HEMISPHERE, not Mars.'
JULIA: Yeah, it's the Southern Hemisphere.
MADELEINE: I wonder what direction the toilets flush in on Mars.
ME: Do you think there are toilets on Mars?!?
MADELEINE: Well, not, like, TODAY, but, like, in the FUTURE.


When we got to the Y, I updated my Facebook status while Madeleine leaned over my shoulder.


Madeleine would like to know what direction the toilet water spins when flushed in the toilets on Mars. 

MADELEINE: Wait!  I'm not a DOPE!
I modified my facebook status.

Madeleine would like to know what direction the toilet water spins when flushed in the toilets on Mars. (Not, like, TODAY. Like, in the FUTURE.)

ME: Is that acceptable?
MADELEINE: (nodding proudly.)
I guess I satisfactorily proved that she's not a dope.  After all, she did know about the toilets in the Southern Hemisphere and I didn't.

3 comments: