Saturday, September 28, 2019

Weekly Schedule

Madeleine made a weekly plan to try and stop global warming, and tomorrow is supposed to be "No Electronics" day.  She expects the rest of the household members to adhere to her plan, but Julia isn't having it.  Now the girls are in a big fight because Julia is insisting that Madeleine can't decide for her whether or not Julia can watch tv tomorrow, and Madeleine is adamant that everyone in the household has to abide to her arbitrary rules.  I, as a loving mommy, am offering to do no electronics along with Madeleine, but that's not helping.  Also not helping is a big sister who could possibly make a *few* concessions (or at least pretend to.)

JULIA: How about I just use my phone, my computer, and the tv?

So, you mean, like everything?

At the moment, the girls are separated and Madeleine is sulking around the house, getting ready for bed, utterly wounded that we're not all jumping for joy over her plan.

I tried to go and talk calmly to Madeleine about her feelings, but she had to go take Luna her pet rock dog out to pretend pee, so I was left alone and unappreciated in her room.

So, if all goes according to plan, I guess you won't be hearing from me tomorrow, since I'm not allowed on my computer, so...'til Monday!

1 comment: