Friday, September 20, 2019

Settling Into School

Middle school parents have been notified that their child's advisor will be calling over the next week or so to check in about the first few weeks of school.  Julia's close friend just got her check-in, so Julia is awaiting the phone call to me with her usual abundance of self-confidence.

JULIA: But what if she only has BAD things to say about me?
ME: I think that'll probably be the case, because that's how it always seems to go with you and teachers.

She decided not to respond to my sarcasm, but I must have rattled her, because she then proceeded to eat a blueberry lemon muffin with the wrapper on, then drop the muffin on the floor when she was halfway through, letting out a shriek and scrambling out of her chair to snatch it back up.

Meanwhile, Madeleine decided to give an obnoxious response to her teacher when asked what she'd be doing over the weekend.

MADELEINE: I didn't really know what we'd be doing over the weekend, so I said: "Breathing AIR and saying hello to people."
ME: That's what you answered to your teacher?
MADELEINE: (proudly) Yes.
ME: Great.


So.  Madeleine better be saying hello to people this weekend or I'm calling her out on it.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Julia! You can't be bad in school if you tried. I would have been asking Madeleine for a list of all the people she talked to every hour of the weekend!! That kid.

    ReplyDelete