Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Assembly Preparation

Madeleine has a 3rd Grade Assembly coming up, which will be performed for the school and parents this week.  The Assembly consists of various dances, presentation of specific vocabulary words (one per class) and ends with a performance of a Miley Cyrus song.  Madeleine is so excited for this upcoming event that she was giving me a preview yesterday morning as I was getting ready for work.  After she showed off various dance moves and chattered about aspects of the performance, she decided it was time to put me to the test.


MADELEINE: Okay, Mommy.  I'm gonna give you a POP QUIZ on the third grade assembly.
ME: Um.  Okay.
MADELEINE: Question number ONE: What color am I?

Phew.  An easy one to start.  I would at least not fail right from the get-go.

ME: Red.
MADELEINE: Correct!  Question number TWO: What word am I?

Well, at least I got question 1 correct.

ME: Uhhhhhh....I really don't know.
MADELEINE: I'll give you a hint.  It starts with a "P."
ME: Perseverance?
MADELEINE: Correct!

Wow!  Pulled that one outta thin air but I'll take it!

MADELEINE Question THREE.  What is the HARDEST dance move for me?
ME: Um, the one you were just showing me?
MADELEINE: But WHICH one?
ME: One of the moves you were just showing me when you were doing the routine?? (LAME, I know.)
MADELEINE: Was it (naming some move)
ME: Uh...Yes.
MADELEINE: Correct!


Okay, that was a total cop-out on my part, but I did (sort of) watch her whole routine out of the corner of my eye while I was doing some work on my computer.


MADELEINE: Okay, Mommy.  FINAL QUESTION.  Who has a terrible singing voice?
ME: Miley Cyrus?
MADELEINE: Correct!

YEAH!  NAILED that one.  Overall I scored probably a 50% on the pop quiz given that I only really knew two of the answers, but I'm hoping that Madeleine is one of those lenient kinds of teachers who counts the answer as correct even if she had to lead me to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment