Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Room Boom

Julia and Madeleine have, for some reason, been watching "Love it or List It" on HGTV lately.  And, surprise surprise, Madeleine has become inspired to create her *own* version of the show.

MADELEINE: Julia?  Why do you like HGTV so much?
JULIA: Because I like looking at houses.
MADELEINE: Then would you like *my* HGTV?  It's called "Room Boom."  It's where, like, one person looks up models of a room, like how you could do it, and the other person decorates their room how they think THEY would like it. How you think the person whose room it is would like it.

Sounds fun!  Anyone wanna sign up for Room Boom?

I'm not entirely sure what has drawn the girls to shows about flipping houses and real estate.  I tried asking them about it, but their answers were a bit vague.

ME: Julia, why do you like watching house shows so much?
JULIA: Because!  I just really like looking in houses!
MADELEINE: Yeah!  They're COZY!

Hmm.  Not sure I'd call a lot of those fabulous homes on tv "cozy," but...okay.  Maybe I'd better take the kids on our town's next Holiday House Tour, so Julia can look inside all kinds of houses!

No comments:

Post a Comment