Friday, August 18, 2017

Quotes

Heading into the weekend, here are some Madeleine quotes and musings:


Madeleine has second thoughts about playing a trick on her sister:
MADELEINE: Mommy.  I'm gonna try and scare Julia and say that I saw a mouse!
ME: You are?

a minute later

MADELEINE: Mommy?  You know what makes me feel uncomfortable about kidding?
ME: What?
MADELEINE: It's like LYING in a short time.  You *lie*, then you say "just kidding."



You lost me at the last part...:
MADELEINE: Mommy?  I know there's a FIVE-SECOND-RULE, but in first grade, one of the girls always picked up food she dropped on the ground, and ATE it.  (making a disgusted face) Like, in a classroom?!?  Ugh.  Oh.  Mommy.  I just THOUGHT of something.  (leaning closer towards me and speaking dramatically) FOOT CALLUSES.



Where did this question come from??:
MADELEINE: Mommy?  Would you TAKE a baby that's an orphan holding a sign on the street?
ME: Well, I would take care of any baby that needed someone to take care of it.  What makes you ask that?
MADELEINE: Uh...I don't know.  No reason.



Madeleine has some unusually passionate feelings about her diary:
MADELEINE: Mommy, Julia said to use some writing material, so I thought of my diary!
ME: Okay, good.
MADELEINE: Oh, I just LOVE writing in my diary!  (chanting) To feeeeeeeel like you can flyyyyyyyy.  Oh, it's just the BEST feeling in the WORLD!
ME: What is?
MADELEINE: Writing in my diary!



Glad she can make herself happy so easily, can face moral dilemmas about kidding, and knows not to eat food off classroom floors because of...uh...foot calluses.  In the meantime, I'll let you know if I find any orphan babies on the street to take back to the Rowe household.




No comments:

Post a Comment