Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentines

This morning, while I was in the shower, Madeleine awoke and came scampering out of her room.

MADELEINE: (calling into the bathroom) Mommy!  Remember what today is?
ME: Uh...Valentine's Day?
MADELEINE: Uh-huh!

I then heard a series of thudding footsteps and vocal exclamations.

ME: Madeleine?  You okay?
MADELEINE: Yeah!  I was just running around like crazy.
ME: Okay.
MADELEINE: Because.  Whenever it's a CERTAIN day, I go running around like crazy.
ME: Okay.
MADELEINE: Like, if it's a HOLIDAY.  Well, I guess not JUST a holiday, because, like, my BIRTHDAY too.

Yes, her birthday is indeed a certain day.

Apparently finished with her "Certain Day Crazy Run," Madeleine then went into her bedroom to get dressed.

MADELEINE: Mommy?  You know what I thought of?
ME: What?
MADELEINE: Wearing my WEDNESDAY underwear.  Because.  They're pink.  And it's Valentine's Day!


*Gasp!*  Do it, Madeleine!  Break the cycle!  I implore you, wear your Wednesday underwear on a Tuesday!!

Nope.  She couldn't do it.  She stuck with the Tuesday undies after all, keeping true to her OCD tendencies.

When I was showered and dressed, the girls and I exchanged gifts.  They were mighty excited to find out what was in the bags I gave them:



And, boy, was I spoiled with Valentines from my sweeties.  Check out some of the most memorable:


                                      


Here we have a friendly ice cream family.  Lover and Pastashie are a couple, and they created a whole bunch of love children/ice cream cones.  We have Turkey, Long Face, Marker, and Man.  You know it's disturbing when you're thinking you would go for Turkey-flavored ice cream over the other flavors.  Especially man.  *Shudderrrrr*


I also got this cute origami dog from Madeleine:

Additionally, I got a second origami dog with no face from Madeleine, but that started creeping me out thinking its face had been made into "Long Face" ice cream, so I decided not to show that one here.


From Julia, it was nothing creepy or cannibalistic at all; instead, I received this lovingly written poem:

Love

My heart swells
My mind whirls
Filled with love,
A hug and a kiss.
Now hold me
Real tight
And tuck me 
Into bed
Tonight.


Awww.  Thanks for all the love girls, both traditional and...um...unique!

1 comment: