Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Pixies and Fairies

The girls got into a debate on a really hot-button topic this morning.

MADELEINE: Julia, aren't pixies SO CUTE?
JULIA: Yes!
MADELEINE: I wanna write a book called "The One and Only Pixie."  And two of the pixies have wings, but one doesn't.
JULIA: Madeleine, ALL pixies have wings.
MADELEINE: No they don't!
JULIA: Madeleine.  Yes they do.
MADELEINE: (running to find me) Mommy!  Do pixies have wings?
ME: Uh, I think they usually do.
MADELEINE: (offended) No!  (grabbing her tablet and speaking to it through Voice Command) Do pixies have wings?
TABLET: (silently offering up pictures of pixies, all of whom have wings)
MADELEINE: But wait!  On "Ever After High" the pixies don't have wings!
JULIA: Pixies HAVE WINGS, Madeleine!
ME: Girls, you know what?  Pixies aren't real, so if Madeleine wants the pixies she's thinking about to not have wings, then that's fine.

The googling of pixies got the girls into looking up the covers of all of the "Rainbow Magic Fairy" books.

MADELEINE: "Kayla the Pottery Fairy?"  What's POTTERY?
JULIA: It's, like, you know, like, pots...like, you know, like...SCULPTURE, like you make, like...
MADELEINE: "Elizabeth the Jubilee Fairy??"
JULIA: Wait, let me see.
MADELEINE: What's a jubilee?
JULIA: I don't know...I think it has something to do with British.  Like...uh...


Okay.  I'll just admit it.  Madeleine doesn't even need me around because Julia is just NAILING IT on the definitions of random words.


No comments:

Post a Comment