Tuesday, February 7, 2017

100th Day!

Today is the 100th Day of School for the girls, and Madeleine's class had a 100th Day party.  I went to help out, and wound up at the puzzle station with Madeleine.  Determined to put together a 100-piece puzzle, she spent the entire hour there, and although we didn't get it completed, we came pretty darn close.  Madeleine's class also got a packet with coloring pages, a word search, a secret code to decipher, and a questionnaire, all revolving around the 100 Day theme.


Here is the questionnaire and Madeleine's answers:


I have 100 stickers

(That's true.  She does.  I bought them for her to bring in for her 100 project; students needed to display 100 of any item of their choosing.  You can see I went the lazy route and just bought some packs of stickers.)


I would like 100 socks

(Really?  Of all the things in the world she could wish to have 100 of, it's socks!?!)


I wouldn't like 100 zeukeeny's.

(Madeleine definitely despises zucchini, so that's a farily valid answer.  I'm pretty sure Julia's response, in 1st grade, was asparagus.  Poor kids, with their parents torturing them with disgusting vegetables.)


Having 100 papers could really be a problem because one hundred is a realy small numbr.

(Given the amount of printer paper the kids BOTH use up with their artwork and home-made books, I can see how 100 would not be NEARLY enough for Madeleine.)


I can lift 100 books.

(She can?  All at once?  Kinda doubt it.)


If I had 100 dollars I would by something realy speitel.


(She could buy herself some socks and papers with her $100.  That would be super speitel.)


Madeleine's illustration inside her 100th Day Packet is something pretty speitel, too:


Aww!  It's a group of happy, smiley girls jumping up in celebratory revelry!

Sucks to be the poor bloody-faced girl who is being trampled by all their jumping feet, though.

Happy 100th Day to Julia and Madeleine!

No comments:

Post a Comment