Saturday, February 11, 2017

Trolls

This afternoon, the girls watched the movie "Trolls." After dinner, as they sat eating the frosted heart-shaped cookies I baked as a Valentine's treat, a miniscule bit of purple frosting fell off a cookie and onto the table.  Madeleine is now treasuring this tiny purple hardened blob, convinced that it's really a troll.  She paused multiple times during our family Hearts game to caress it, kiss it, and check on its general well-being.  Apparently the "troll" came with her to her bedroom.  I learned this the hard way when I sat on Madeleine's bed and began looking for her stuffed Jesus to get her settled for bedtime.

MADELEINE: (gasping in horrified panic) Wait!!  Mommy!!  My troll!!  (frantically searching her comforter). Oh!  Phew.  I found it.
ME: Honey, you know that"s a piece of frosting, right?
MADELEINE: It's my troll.
ME: Well, how about, instead of playing with a piece of frosting, you just put a Troll doll on your wish list?

Nope.  Not an option.  The piece of frosting is now sitting on the floor beside Madeleine's bed.  This is just the kind of household pest-inviting behavior I want to encourage around here.


Madeleine's troll.

No comments:

Post a Comment