Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Cursive Is Important

Cursive Is Important
by Julia Rowe


          Have you ever seen someone writing in cursive and thought, "I want to do that?"  I have.  Cursive is a beautiful writing that connects to our history's past and everyone should get to learn it.  Schools should keep teaching cursive because it is beautiful writing, it helps you to write faster, and most importantly it connects to our past.
          Schools should continue to teach cursive writing because it is beautiful.  One time, I saw something written in cursive.  I admired it and thought, "I wish I knew how to write something like that."  A lot of people think cursive is beautiful and enjoy the feeling of writing it.  Another time, I was writing in cursive for the first time.  When I was done, I admired my work and was proud I could write in a way that was so beautiful.  
          Schools should continue to teach cursive because it helps you to write faster.  Cursive helps you to write faster because you don't need to pick up the pencil to write each letter.  In cursive, the letters are all looped together.  You only have to life up the pencil when you are using punctuation, when you are writing another word, and the beginning of a new paragraph.  This shows that cursive writing is faster than writing in print because you don't have to lift up the pencil in between each letter.
          My final and most important reason is that schools should continue to teach cursive because it connects to our history's past.  People wrote in cursive in the olden days.  People wrote important things like the Decloration of Independance.  Those were written in cursive.  People read things like stories that were written in cursive in the olden days.  Also, if no one could read cursive, nobody could read important things that were written a long time ago like the Constitution or the Decloration of Independance.  People need to know how to read those things because it helps us to know what America was like when those things were written, and no one would know about a lot of famous people like John Hancock.
           If you agree that cursive is important, you should tell your teachers they should teach cursive if they don't.  Tell your teachers that cursive is beautiful, it helps you to write faster, and it connects to our history's past.  If your teachers still don't teach cursive, then you can teach yourself by getting a cursive writing book.  Remember, cursive is important!




Well, I'm convinced.  In fact, I think I'm going to write my own persuasive argument about the importance of this writing technique from the olden days:



Hieroglyphics Are Important
by Courtney Elf Rowe

No comments:

Post a Comment