Tuesday, March 22, 2016

The Turtle Cloud Picture

After being shunned by Julia during a play-date at our house, Madeleine set to drawing pictures at the dining room table.  Julia eventually decided that Madeleine could, in fact, join the game going on in Julia's bedroom, but by that point, Madeleine was totally preoccupied.

JULIA: Okay, Madeleine, do you wanna come play with us now?
MADELEINE: Uh, not right now, because I'm just busy drawing a turtle cloud!

What began as a turtle cloud turned into the creepiest St. Patrick's Day drawing I've ever seen:






I don't even know what's going on in this picture, but I have to say, it makes me think twice about looking for a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.  Apparently, in order to get to the pot of gold, I'd have to risk running into this gargantuan Headless-Horseman-like, fanged, scar-faced monster.  Even the poor little Leprechaun girl looks iffy about the whole situation.  I think I'll stay one pot of gold poorer and keep my head from being eaten off.  I mean, I'm so distracted by the scene below the rainbow that I'm not even paying any attention to the turtle cloud that Madeleine was so busy drawing!

Best of all, Madeleine bequeathed this drawing to me.  I truly feel I have the luck 'o the Irish in receiving such an unsettling St. Paddy's day drawing!


No comments:

Post a Comment