Monday, March 21, 2016

Sunshine School

Well, I guess it's a good thing that I have received a few packages recently, because the girls are totally going green with their use of cardboard boxes as part art project/part building for their little figurines.  Julia was the most recent to confiscate another cardboard box before I had the chance to put it in with the recycling, and before I knew it, she had created this masterpiece:

Sunshine State School of ORLANDO



This brand new elementary school is just as sunny and optimistic as it appears from its name.  Take a look inside at the classrooms:

"Welcome to Kindergarten"
"1st Grade = Fun Grade"
"Go for Second!"

Even the upper grades have inspiring slogans:
"Thrilling Third!"
"Fabulous 4th!"

And let's not forget the biggest kids:
 "Fantastic 5's!"


Furthermore, even when you're not in the classroom, the school promotes positivity and happiness.  Just take a walk down the hall and you'll see words of encouragement and friendly reminders:
"Go Sunshine Salutations!"
"Wanta latte?  Come to the coffee-tiria!"
"Remember your lunch money!"

I wonder if the Salutations are the school mascot?  Also, elementary school kids drink coffee?!?  Or maybe that's a motivational sign for the teachers.  (Speaking of, I hope the teacher's lounge has a poster that says "Terrific Teachers!")

Wow.  I so wish I could go to this elementary school.

Meanwhile, Madeleine, at her real elementary school, wrote about the opposite of sunshiny happiness:

"Today we read the Grouchy Ladybug.  I feel grouchy when my dad wak's me up on a school day."

Seriously, Ethan.  SHEESH.  Stop waking your daughter up so that she won't be late to school.  What kind of a parent does that??  SMH.

No comments:

Post a Comment