Sunday, August 2, 2015

Pets and More Requests

While we were at the Biodome in Montreal, Madeleine got a hankering for a pet.

MADELEINE: Awwww, Mama, that sloth is so cuuuute!  Mama?  Can people have a sloth for a pet?
ME: Well, there are some people who have a sloth as a pet.  The actress who did the voice of Anna in "Frozen" had a sloth.
MADELEINE: So Mama.  One day could WE get a sloth as a pet?
ME: Uhh...maaaaybe.
MADELEINE: Well, Mama, I was thinking of a dog for a pet, but...then I was thinking of TWO dogs, because Mama.  Then Julia and I wouldn't have to fight over who got to play with the dog.

I have absolute no intention to get a dog.  (Nor do I plan on ever getting a sloth.)  But Madeleine isn't ready to give up the fight yet.  Yesterday she came across a picture of a black chihuahua on Auntie Shannon's phone, and before I knew it, Madeleine had even named the dog Blackie.

MADELEINE: Hey, Mama, I have an idea.  If I clean up REALLY REALLY hard in the play room, then after I clean up, can we go buy this dog?
ME: Nope.

Julia, at least, seems to understand that pets are not an option at this point, but she is not without requests of her own.

This morning I awoke to find this note awaiting me, on top of my computer:






"Dear Mommy,
I would really, really appretiate and like it if you get me Caroline for my birthday 'cause she's going to the archives!

Love Julia.

P.S. I think that is really strange.  She's the newest doll.  I think either they're trying to find room for a new doll, and maybe she got the fewest sails so they chose her."


Between a sloth, a dog, and a doll, I would definitely go with the doll, so Julia just might be in luck.  The kids certainly have a lot of requests lately.  It's a good thing we only have to wait nearly 4 months until Julia's birthday is here!!




No comments:

Post a Comment