Saturday, August 8, 2015

Championship Meet

Today was an exciting day for Julia: the Regional Championships for Summer Swim League!  Our little swimmer had to be at the pool bright and early, with a 6:45am call time.  Here she is, awaiting her team call for warmups:



Julia had a great day all around, advancing to the finals in both her individual events as well as her relay.  She swam an all time best of 17.58 seconds in the 25 yard freestyle, and finished in third place in the finals.  She finished in fifth place in the breaststroke finals, and her relay came in fifth, despite being seeded sixth.  Hooray!

Lilly Mintz, by the way, can swim a 25 yard freestyle in an astonishing 10 seconds.  However, Lilly did not swim that in today's meet, because she's 12, and in the summer swim league, all 11-12 year olds (and up) must swim a 50yard freestyle.  I don't have an exact confirmation on Lilly's (imaginary) time today, but I'd say at best she swam it in 20 seconds.

Also, Julia filled me in on the Mintz's mini-van (or should I say "mintzi-van?" Man, I'm funny.)

JULIA: Mom?  The Mintz have a mini-van, but I pretend that, like, in the middle row there are THREE seats, and in the back row, there are FOUR seats.

I'm trying to picture what that would look like.  If the seats are all the same size, the mini-van must be a bit pear-shaped to accomodate the extra seat in the rear.  I guess the mintzi-van epitomizes the saying "junk in the TRUNK."

Anyway, a huge congrats to both Julia AND Lilly Mintz for a swim meet well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment