Friday, August 21, 2015

Halloween Stories

Because it's NEVER too early to get into the Halloween spirit, Julia and Madeleine have been busy writing spook-tacular books.

Here is Julia's so far:

JENIFIRE, LILLY AND LILA

Book #1

JENIFIRE AND THE GHOST OF 67 Wright Street


Because it is a chapter book WITHOUT pictures, I will just relay the text from here on out, exactly as the author wrote it:

Chapter one
JENIFIRE'S FRIGHT

It was late October.
A crisp breeze blew.
I, Jenifire Runner, am with my best friends,  Lilly Walker and Lila Whale.  Lilly lay down on the grass and sighed happily.
"Is'nt it a great day?  I could stay outside forever!"
"Me, too!" I agreed.
Lila stayed silent.  "I would like the day alot better if it was'nt so cold out!" she said, putting a coat on over her sweatshirt.
Lilly got up from the ground.
"I better get going.  Mom will start to worry if I'm not home at dinner!"
We walked down the hill, chatting.
"Ya know, I think we're the only Freshmans that have to be home by dinner," I said.  Everyone agreed with me.  Lila turned onto Wright St.
We kept walking straight.
"Uh, we live over here, guys!" she called.  "Unless you two moved to Jennifer Rd!"
We turned around.
"Oh, thanks, Lila," Lilly said to her.
"We were so busy talking, we forgot where we were going!"

***

After dinner, I got my pajamas on and climbed into bed.  I was to tired to stay up 'till one-thirty, so I fell asleep quickly.  Then, at about 10:45, I heard a sound.  It was very faint, so I knew it was comeing from outside.  I got out of bed, and dashed to the door, putting on my slippers.  I did'nt even care how cold out it was.  I sprinnted to the front door, and ran outside.  I stood there for a moment, looking around.  Then I heard the noise again.  It sounded like: ooo-ooohh!
Then,I ran to the backyard so wildly that I fell, hard.  Very hard.  All I could see was stars.  But I heard the strange voice again, saying Jenn-ii-fire!
But this time, it seemed as if my head was saying it to me.
Suddenly, I felt cold, very cold, as if a ghost had just flown through me.
Then I fell asleep.  But, the last thing I remeber, was seeing a misty, silvery shape glided softly toward me.


Chapter 2
LILLY'S STORY

"And that, my friends, is the whole intire story."
I was telling Lilly and Lila all about what had happend the night before.  We were all at Lilly's house.  We were in the backyard.
Lila and I were perched on the ground, while Lilly sat staring at us from the trampoline.
"That's odd.  Because I heard strange noises coming from you're house, too!" Lilly exclaimed.
"Persinaly, I did'nt hear any strange noises.  But, Lilly, is there anything else?" said Lila.
"I'll tell you the whole story!" she said.  "It began last night.  At 10:45.  I was washing dishes.  I heard a strange noise.  It was rather ghostly, actully.  I ran outside to investigate.  I ran across the street.  But when I got to your house, Jenifire, the noise had stopped.  I had been standin gthere for about five minute's, waiting.  But then, suddenly, a misty sivery thing swooped toward your backyard, Jenifire.  I heard moaning your name.  5 seconds before that, there was a loud thump.  After the moan, I screamed.  I dropped the plate and ran back to my house and went to bed.  It was a good thing the plate I dropped was not my mothers best china.  I did'nt even realize I was still holding it!  And also that's the whole story!"
"Lilly, I know you are a shy girl, but I did'nt know you would even tell this much to your friends!" Lila cried.
Lilly blushed.  "Well, I had to tell you guys what I heard, and saw.  Plus, well, I'm more open around you guys than most other people."  Lilly smiled shyly.  Lilly got of the trampoline, and looked around, her hand on her hip.  She was wereing her down with two braids in it, a blue music T-shirt, ripped jean shorts, tights that were wight that had pink and yellow hearts all over them, black lowtops.  "We need to investigate," she said.
"But what can we do  What if the ghost thingy hides from us?" Lila asked.
"We'lle have a sleepover at my house!" I cried.  II love sleepovers.
Lilly kicked at her untied shoe lace.  "Don't you think it's odd how the ghost only haunts Jenifire's house?  What if it takes turn's in which house it haunts?  Maybe whoever hears it, their house will be haunted next!" Lilly exclaimed.
She had a brilliant plan, but I would hate to go to the wrong house, so finally I told her that I did'nt think that was going to happen.
We walked into Lilly's house, all lost in thought.
"Maybe we could-" Lila exclaimed.  "Oh.  That would'nt really work."
"What was your idea, Lila?" I asked.
"Well, I thought that maybe we could sleep in your attick, Jenifire.  I thought the ghost might be living there."


And this is where the story leaves off!  What will happen next?  Will Lila Whale's idea pay off?  Will the freshmans ever get to stay out past dinner?  Will they stay up until one-thirty waiting for the ghost, or will they be woken at 10:45 yet again??  I can't wait to hear more!!



Here is Madeleine's Halloween book.  Its title and first bit of dialogue are not at all nearly identical to Julia's book:

CHAPTR 1: THE SJAEJ THING ON TELR SJRRET
(The strange thing on Taylor Street)

"HIY GRLS WAW IZIT IT SUHC AY BYOUTUFL DAY AWT?"

Why, yes it IS a byoutufl day awt, if I do say so myself!


"A WUT IZ IT LIYLU?'1
'IY SO SUDING."2

1 Lila
2 I saw something. 

As I said, nothing like Julia's book.  It's not straight-out using the same character name or anything.  And there aren't three girls in this book, just like in Julia's.  At least it's a witch and not a ghost.  And by the way, that is a FREAKY looking witch if I ever saw one.  What's up with the warty nose growing out of the side of her head in place of an ear?!?


CHAPTR 2
"IS E SDIL TER?'
'WUT IS IT?  AD HAW R WEE GOWWING TO GET RITH UV IT?'
SUTHINLE3 U WIGITH4 WICH SWOOPED DEWN ED TOC LIYLU.
'HU?  O NO THAT THING TOC LIYLU!"

3 Suddenly
4 Wicked


This is where Madeleine leaves off, although I'm itching to see what happens next with  Liylu and the wigith wich!  Especially seeing as the wigith wich now appears headless in the above picture.  What spooky adventures will Liylu and the wich embark on next???


I hope these stories served to get you all in the Halloween spirit!  After all, we only have a little over two months before the big night is finally here! 








No comments:

Post a Comment