Friday, September 7, 2012

Random Randomness

I'm sure it's well-known among all you regular blog readers that my children have a propensity towards completely random statements; however, the one Madeleine came up with yesterday was so far out of left field that it even took me by complete surprise.  As the Rowe family trooped into our house last night after picking Ethan up from the train, Madeleine clearly had her brain on the absolute most unrelated topic to anything that anyone else was talking or thinking about.

MADELEINE: Mommy, I was just feeling shy to say "two."
ME: What do you mean, honey?
MADELEINE: I was just feeling shy to say "two."
ME: You were feeling shy?
MADELEINE: I was just feeling shy to say "two."  To Santa.  When it was Christmas.

Oh.  Okay.  I'm still racking my brain trying to imagine what on earth triggered that memory at that particular moment.  I'm not even sure which Santa she's talking about.  There was one at the mall, who she wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole, and there was one at a friend's house on Boxing Day, who, again, she wanted nothing to do with.  I don't remember either Santa asking her age, but it seems Madeleine remembers that happening.  All I remember is Madeleine reacting to Santa like this:






And now, in unrelated news to Madeleine's announcement of unrelated news: despite her multi-colored seahorse the other day, Madeleine still seems to favor a more monochromatic coloring style.  At least she is trying out some other colors besides black, although she did produce this black-box like treasure chest this morning:





But check this out.  We've got Bloody Mermaid:

(Along with her bloody fish friend.  For any "True Blood" fans out there, perhaps this mermaid is Lillith the Vampire Mermaid of the Vampire Under{water}World?)

We've also got Muddy Mermaid:
(I am well aware that she may also be Poopy Uncle Pants Mermaid...)


And then we've got this nice, leprechaun green My Little Pony:
So at least Madeleine's color choices are somewhat varied and not so eerily black, although I'm a little creeped out by that shadowy demon creature with stick-out arms in the upper left corner of this pony picture.  I feel like he's about to break out some black magic on that poor, unsuspecting My Little Pony.  Run, Pony!  Run for your life!










2 comments:

  1. Please tell me the black treasure box is what you described on the phone and that this was not a second fully-black picture!

    Also Courtney, your kids and their freakish memories!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madeleine likes to color with a bold stroke! I guess one color at a time. Love, Yiayia

      Delete